Powered by Blogger.






Sunday, March 6, 2011

Michelle Heaton Says She Was Addicted To Diet Pills



    Michelle Heaton has claimed that she used to have an addiction to diet pills!

    The former Liberty X band member has said that she was told to take them by one of her ex-boyfriends and now blames the addiciton for her current heart condition.

    The 31-year-old admitted that for six years she couldn't stop:
    "From the age of 18 to 24 I was basically addicted to these caffeine diet pills which, at that time, were widely available in high street chemists. I had a boyfriend who was very much into fitness and he wanted me to be slimmer than I was. I tried dieting but wasn't losing weight. On the pills, having been ten-and-a-half stone, I managed to lose two stone. I would take a pill an hour before a meal to curb my appetite - which it did. It was like drinking four cans of Red Bull."

    Even though the pills were taken off the market in the UK, Michelle managed to buy them online to feed her addiction:
    "One day I discovered that these pills had been taken off the shelves in this country and I panicked. I went straight on to the internet and found that I could easily buy them from a US website and happily carried on ordering three months' worth at a time."

    Michelle has always struggled to stay skinny


    Michelle, who is married to Irish business man Hugh Hanley, is currently living in Dublin. They married back in July amid fears that her heart condition was getting worse. The former singer has Atrial Fibrillation and even has to wear a heart monitor from time to time. It's clear she blames the condition on her exccess dieting as she added:
    "I can't believe I have heart disease at my age, and worse, it's probably my own fault. I would urge anyone thinking about taking diet pills of any sort to think very carefully."

    Michelle also added that her heart condition is terrifying, saying that she has 'attacks' at least once a month where she thinks she is going to die:
    "I start to cough and splutter, and then after a few seconds it starts again. But now it's like someone with no rhythm is squeezing my heart. It's on the beat then off the beat, fast then slow. And then it calms down after about 20 seconds. Every time it happens, I think I am going to die."
    Moral of the story.... aiming to be super skinny and wanting a size zero body is not good for your health.

    Source URL: https://wallpaperhelenmiren.blogspot.com/2011/03/michelle-heaton-says-she-was-addicted.html
    Visit Wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive