Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Split After 13 Years Of Marriage!



    Another failed Hollywood marriage!

    Will Smith and Jada-Pinkett Smith have called it quits after being married for 12 years. In a shocking move it seems that the pair have decided to end their marriage, according to In Touch Weekly.

    The A-list coupe have two children together - Jaden, 13, and Willow, ten, who have had their fair share of time in the limelight this year. Jaden has appeared in two mega movies, The Pursuit of Happyness and The Karate Kid, and Willow has stormed the charts with her debut album.

    This will be the second failed marriage for Smith, who divorced former fashion design student Sheree Zampino in 1995 after three years together. They have a son, Willard Christopher Smith, also known as Trey, who is now 18.



    He famously dedicated his 1998 single, Just the Two of Us, to Trey. After his first divorce, Smith found comfort in Jada, whom he had first met in 1990 when she auditioned and was rejected for the role of his girlfriend on his hit TV show, The Fresh Prince.

    In 1997, they married in a lavish ceremony at a mansion near her hometown of Baltimore in front 100 friends and family.

    I'm sure all this drama won't be helpful for Will who is currently filming Men In Black 3.




    The only sign of trouble I can see here is the focus on their kids to start music and acting careers. I found the whole idea bizarre in the first place, but even Jada admitted recently that she has had to put their careers first before hers.
    "It was excruciating, completely excruciating. When Jaden was auditioning for The Pursuit of Happyness, my band had just gotten an offer to open for Guns N’ Roses in Europe. For me, that was unbelievable. But the choice was: I could be a rock star, or I could be on the set with my son to make sure he was healthy and happy. We all know how that story ended!"

    Jada added she would rather be performing but she knows that her duty is to her children.
    "I had to make choices. Believe me, I would still be on the road with my band, Wicked Wisdom, and making as many movies as I can a year, and doing all sorts of other things if I didn't have the responsibility of a family.But I have children with their own talents and dreams, and I know I have to be standing next to them for that journey."

    It's definitely not right that she was sacrificing her career for her children, who are way to young to have a career anyway. Is this why their marriage broke down?

    Source URL: http://wallpaperhelenmiren.blogspot.com/2011/08/will-smith-and-jada-pinkett-smith-split.html
    Visit Wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive