Powered by Blogger.






Thursday, July 7, 2011

Savvy Shopaholic - Festival Fashion - Oxegen 2011


    With Oxegen opening it's gates today I set out to find not one, but a few Bargains in this week's Savvy Shopaholic segment!

    The perfect place to find your festival fashion fix without emptying your pocket is Penneys (of course). I headed there yesterday to get my Oxegen bag of goodies and I found some amazing buys.

    First of all if you are looking for Wellies and don't want to splash out, Penneys are selling cute ones for just €11 and then bigger, thicker pink or black ones for €15.


    Penneys Wellies For Just €15

    Next up I bought some shorts, this is a DEFINITE for any Oxegen fashionista. I bought a pair of illuminous shorts with frayed ends for just €11 and will pair them with a baggy black top (rock style of course), black leggins and the €11 wellies I bought in the store.

    I also snapped up a gorgeous pair of black and red knee high socks, I will be wearing the thick socks plus leggins, to make sure I keep my feet warm in the mud and rain.

    My wellies, socks, glasses and one piece at the ready!

    As you can see in the pic above I also got white sunglasses for €1.50 and a gorgeous red and white stripped one piece for €6. Seriously, could I have found any better bargains??

    As well as fashion, hair and make-up is really important this weekend, especially if you are camping. With rainfall a definite this weekend Dry Shampoo is absolutely essential!! You can buy a single can for €1.90 in Penneys, which is the cheapest out there.

    As well as that, I didn't want to bring my Benefit stick foundation to the festival (could get broken or lose) so I got an amazing mousse foundation from Penneys yesterday. Only €3.99. Called 'Essence - Soft Touch Mousse'. Perfect to get me through this weekend, and the coverage is suprisingly really good.


    This foundation is only €3.99

    If you are willing to splash out on maybe an €80 pair of Hunter wellies, which are loved by celebs such as Kate Moss, Pixie Lott, Drew Barrymore and even Beyonce. Then you can get them at Asos.com.

    At Glastonbury Laura Whitmore wore a pair from their newest range, the fire-red wellies looked amazing on her, so we can expect to see her back in Hunters this weekend.

    Asos help you find the perfect looks.

    The fashion website have also combined tonnes of festival looks based on your purchase, like the photo above. Check out what works for you here: Asos Festival Fashion.

    At the end of the day, there's no point in spending too much money, we are still in a recession! Hunter wellies will last you a long time, but if you only want to wear these wellies this weekend I would go for the Penneys range.

    At a more mid priced range Arnotts have a new line of Dav wellies which are the favourites of Irish celebs such as newlywed Pippa O'Connor, Lisa Cannon and Michelle McGrath. Their range is about €69 and the wellies come with little lace bows on the back (cute touch).


    Dav wellies are sold at Arnotts

    But focus your attention on baggy tops, short shorts, hats and lots and lots of socks! PLUS remember Pennys will have their very own 'Pop Up Shop' this year on site. From wellies to socks, to dry shampoo, to even tents, you can buy tonnes of fashion must haves this weekend.


    That's it from me this time, catch you next week for more Fashion Bargains!

    Miss Red xx

    Source URL: http://wallpaperhelenmiren.blogspot.com/2011/07/savvy-shopaholic-festival-fashion.html
    Visit Wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive