Powered by Blogger.






Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting To Know... Tara O'Farrell



    She's Ireland's next up and coming tabloid sensation, you may have seen her in the finals of this years Miss Universe Ireland,  she's gracing the cover of iclothing.ie and she's a business student! Today I'm getting to know...Tara O'Farrell.

    Modelling

    Tara caught my eye over the last few weeks, the 24-year-old model has a striking look, with gorgeous green eyes and a stunning body. Sharing the tabloid space with the likes of Nadia Forde and Georgia Salpa, Tara is on her way to making it big time in the Irish modelling industry.

    Tara is apart of Andrea Roche's modelling agency and has shot into the spotlight since getting to the Miss Universe Ireland competition. Just last two weeks ago the stunning brunette was snapped in sexy black lingerie wearing a fire cap, but Tara tells me that; although Georgia Salpa has a great career stripping off, she doesn't think it's for her:
    "Georgia Salpa is brilliant at what she does, she's the best at what she does. I just don't think that really suits me. I don't think I'm that sexy type of girl."

    When asked if she sees herself as a sex symbol , the Dublin Business School student replied: "No way," even though the green-eyed model looked very sexed up in the fire station shoot, she says it was only a bit of fun:
    "That was just a laugh, I didn't realize I was actually going to be in a fire station, when I got there I found out there and then.I love doing fashion shows they are my favourite things to do but press calls are so fun, they can be so random."

    Tara sizzled in this sexy fire-woman shoot!


    Hailing from Drumcondra, the music enthusiast also admitted that she never set out to win this year's Miss Universe Ireland contest! Representing Miss Bourjois, Tara says she was asked to enter the competition but never planned on taking the title:
    "Winning never came into it for me. I was asked to do it, a lot of the other girls put themselves forward and it was important to them. I was happy to be asked, but I knew I was too old to win."

    Instead Listowel sports star Aoife Hannon scooped the lucrative crown, and will soon be heading to Brazil to represent Ireland in the Miss Universe final. Despite not making it to the final three in the competition, Tara says her career is booming since appearing in the publicized contest.
    "Since I did Miss Universe Ireland, I've been doing a lot of press calls, and that's why I'm in the papers now."
    Tara at the Miss Universe Contest


    Another perk that came from Miss Universe was her modelling deal with iClothing.ie, she and a couple of other contestants were chosen to represent their new summer line and Tara's photo is spread on the front page of the fashion website.

    Fashion & Beauty

    As Tara begins to take centre stage in the media spotlight I asked the slim model what are her fashion favourites. When it comes to shopping Tara says she finds great bargains on the high street and then splashes out for classy events:
    "When I get the chance I love to shop. My favorite shops would be Topshop, BT2, New look and I love getting bargains in Pennys. When I am going to an event or special occasion I always check out The Ivory Closet.It is an online shop that allows you to rent an amazing designer dress for a fraction of the price.New look is great for shoes and boots and Office is great for amazing heels."
    She sounds like a girl right after my own heart! As well as being a professional model and a business student, Tara is also a freelance make-up artist. So I had to ask, what beauty product could she not live without:
    "I am a freelance makeup artist and have worked with a number of different brands I have gone through so many phases with products.The ones that have stood the test of time though would be Estee Lauders Advanced night repair serum which I use every day and night without fail.I also love Bare Minerals foundation as it's light on the skin and has an SPF 20 which is really important to me.I love Urban Decay for eyeshadow and Mac for lipstick and lip gloss."

    Acting

    It's not just modelling that interests the Dublin girl. Tara admits that she has taken acting classes before and has set her sights on an acting career. The babe revealed that she has taken acting classes before and would like to pursue that part of show business:
    "I went to the Gaiety Theatre School of acting for a year. Acting is definitely something I will pursue but right now I'm focusing on modelling. But I'll definitely keep my options open."



    Adding that she may incorporate some acting skills into the modelling world: "I definitely want to stay in fashion and maybe even do commercials."

    Love

    The striking brunette, who just wrapped up her first year in Dublin Business school, also has a boyfriend of five years, as well as a blossoming modelling career. Despite her busy schedule, Tara says her musician boyfriend is okay with her hectic lifestyle:
    "I'm taken. He's a musician himself so he kinda understands the industry that it is, he's cool with it."

    But how does she find the time for romance, in between her photoshoots, fashion shows and freelancing? Firstly, Tara says you have to be secure in your relationship. Models Vogue Williams and Georgia Salpa are both dating men in the public eye and Tara, too, is dating a musician. Is the secret to a successful relationship in the media, dating another star?
    "My boyfriend is a musician and completely understands this industry which I think helps.Most of the models I know that are in relationships are with men that aren't in this industry and they don't have any problems.Once you are secure in your relationship your job shouldn't affect it."

    "Friendship in a relationship is really important.We are best friends and have such a laugh together.Common interests are also important.We both love music and spend a lot of time talking about it and watching music documentaries.We also make sure to make time in our week for eachother no matter what."



    Success

    And finally I asked Tara to give advice to the young models out there looking to gain as much success as she had. Everyone knows that there is a huge pressure in the industry to be stick thin, so do girls need to be prepared?
    "Modelling has opened so many doors for me so quickly and I am really enjoying it.I haven't found it tough at all quite the opposite to be honest.I would recommend it to any young girl once they are secure in themselves.You have to be able for rejection and understand that you aren't going to get booked for every job."

    So that's it girls be secure and confident and keep following your dreams! Watch out for stunner Tara, I have a feeling she is going to be a huge figure in the social scene and the fashion world very, very soon!

    Source URL: http://wallpaperhelenmiren.blogspot.com/2011/06/getting-to-know-tara-o.html
    Visit Wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive