Powered by Blogger.






Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Getting To Know... Raquel Rocca


    Welcome to my new segment 'Getting to know...' where I meet with stars to get the lowdown on their life, career and their dreams! This week I thought it was time to get to know Raquel Rocca.

    The 23-year-old songstress from Limerick shot to fame in the last year thanks to a massive fan base via Youtube.

    Raquel first uploaded a cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘The Climb’, and got over 2,000 hits in one day! The ambitious singer began uploading more and more videos and eventually reaching 100,000 views, getting her a lot of attention.

    To top that all off Raquel recently released her new track 'City Of Angels'. She launched the single in Limerick's new social spot Pier One Limerick! She also debuted her first ever music video, filmed in Limerick. And she's been supporting X-Factor star Katie Waisell on her Irish Tour.

    So many amazing opportunities and so much talent. Let's get to know... Raquel Rocca:

    Q: Where did you grow up? What school did you go to?
    "I was born and still live on the Ennis Road it's such a lovely area and so near to town as well. Best of both worlds. I went to a lovely little private school called St Philomena's which also is home to the first stage I sang on aged 3.It was great I went back there recently on my school promo visits and to sing up there again was very emotional I loved it though the kids treated me like I was some megastar when really I'm just a young Pop singer from Limerick chasing a dream."

    Q: You've attended Spotlight Stage School and Centre Stage in Limerick, so obviously you have always had a great talent. But when did you realize that you really wanted to be a singer and that you could actually make a career out of it?
    "Well I've been singing since I was tiny, doing school shows and stage school shows but I guess I really believed and dreamed it could happen when I was about 13 or 14 . I then decided to take the first steps at 18."

    Q: Your songs so far are very personal, and people can easily relate to your lyrics. Where do you get your inspiration for writing songs?
    "To be honest I write a lot about people I know, I don't like to name names and admit what songs but there is one or two about my best friends, then I do some about my own past and I guess words just come to me. There are times when I can sit there with writers block for hours and have nothing and then I always get lyrics that fly into my head in the middle of the night so I have to jump out of bed and write them down. They are usually the best ones. I write from the heart with a lot of emotion."

    Q: You are now signed with music giant Universal, which is such an amazing accomplishment. How did you recording contract come about?
    "I'm over the moon with that, it was actually through RTE, I got an email from my producer who's from Universal London and he was saying he was interested and wanted to work with me. I asked how he heard and he said through a person from RTE so Thank you to that person. Its amazing really how things fly about, I mean Katie Waissel even knew me before I'd even met her she said 'Ive heard so much good stuff about you'.I really enjoyed supporting Katie, she is lovely and not what people think."



    Q: You're currently recording an album and will have a lot more tracks coming out. Who would you compare yourself to in the music industry?
    "I'd like to say I wouldn't be like anyone as I am my own look and person but I would love to be as successful as Kelly Clarkson I have looked up to her for years. Music wise my style would be a lot like The Saturdays, Pixie Lott and Alexandra Burke, they are fantastic artists and that's the route and Pop style I'm going down. Fast catchy songs with some good high ballads."

    Q: You definitely got noticed by the public through the massive hits on your Youtube videos. Do you think Youtube was the key to your success?
    "I always had the young fan base there from doing appearances and gigs and charity events but yes it made me a lot more known and opened alot of doors for me. People immediately realise your serious when they say figures like 90, 100 and 120,000. It's given me a lot and helped me majorly and I hope I can be the nest big Pop act from Ireland. Its hard but I've never wanted anything more in my life."

    Q: Because your music is so personal, what affect do you want your songs to have on your fans?
    "With my single City Of Angels, watching my fans sing it back to me word for word is something I cant explain but Id just like to see them dance and enjoy my songs. For the older fan base to listen to the words and to be inspired by some and know that everyone goes through good and bad times in life."

    Q: A lot of your fans would be quite young, do you see yourself as a good role model, if yes why?
    "Well right now I don't think I'm in a position to be seen as a role model like Justin or Gaga but I would love to be seen as that soon. I work hard and would love them to see that if you work for something and are passionate it then you will get what you want int life and appreciate it more. Blood sweat and tears."

    Q: You are currently recording tracks in London.Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, do you want to stay in Ireland or will you be moving to London?
    "I would love to stay in Ireland but I can honestly see myself having to move to London because there is so much to offer there music wise. But you never know I could end up doing what Im doing now and stick to flying back and forth. In 5 year's I'd simply like to be big in UK and Ireland with massive fan base,tours,singles and 2 albums by then."



    Q: And finally, is there anything you would like to say to your fans?
    " You should all aim for the moon and you will land on a star, dream big and you will be sure to go far! Also I just want to thank everyone who has supported me, bought City Of Angels, watched any video on YouTube or cane to say hello to me on the street! It all means a lot and also make sure to get me on facebook, plus twitter and youtube."
    So there you go, I enjoyed getting to know Raquel Rocca, I hope you did too :)


    PS!! 
    Want to see Raquel live? She is supporting Aslan on April 16th, at Dublins' Red Cow Inn and on April 8th in Carrick On Suir

    You can follow Raquel on Twitter here: www.twitter.com/kelrocky and you can subscribe to her Youtube station here: www.youtube.com/roccakel


    Watch Raquel's debut music video, filmed in Limerick:



    Source URL: http://wallpaperhelenmiren.blogspot.com/2011/02/getting-to-know-raquel-rocca.html
    Visit Wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive