Powered by Blogger.






Monday, March 21, 2011

Health & Beauty Feature: Hotloxs Hair Extensions!


    This week I am reviewing the amazing Hotloxs Hair Extensions!

    The Irish based company have already decorated the heads of some of Ireland's favorite celebs including 'Fade Street' gals Louise Johnston (above), Vogue Williams and famous Irish photographer Lili Forberg. Not to mention Ireland's favorite model Georgia Salpa who is about to get Hotloxed!!

    The Review

    So with this review I said I would take everything into account. I was a very lucky girl and got a home installation of Pre-Bonded Virgin Remy hair. So I am doing a full review on the service received and the product itself.

    To start off, all the technicians at Hotloxs Hair are trained to install the hair extensions, cut and style them afterwards and match your colours with multi-toned extensions. Their goal has been to provide women with the best quality hair extensions to give them the same glamorous look that many celebrities sport themselves. The two women are extremely passionate about hair and have gone the extra mile to get the best hair, for the best value, giving you the celeb style without the celeb price tag!!

    Vogue Williams wearing Hotloxs clip ins
    On meeting Anna she tells me that a company just needs to have extensions with 3% human hair to call them 100%, and that Hotloxs, unlike many hair distributors in Ireland, only supply hair that is 100% human hair and nothing less. Now you might think that she's just saying that to get you to buy the hair, but trust me, once you run your fingers through the Virgin Remy Hair Extensions you will know it is completely real.

    So what does 'Virgin Remy Hair' mean? Well basically it means that the hair comes from Asia, and that the hair donor who has sold the hair has never had their hair dyed or damaged before, and hence the 'Virgin' part. Out of all the types of hair you can get, Virgin Remy is the best value and the best quality.

    Lousie Johnston wearing pre-bonded Virgin Remy Hair Extensions!


    The Installation

    Ok, so Anna drives around the country every single day installing their fabulous hair extensions. Currently living in Kilkenny, she drove to Limerick to do my hair and even though she had trouble finding my house (I live in the middle of nowhere) she was extremely happy to be there and got right to it!

    First things first, let me explain what I got installed. I chose to go for Pre-Bonded Virgin Remy Hair Extensions (the same service Louise Johnston chose). There is a general misconception about pre-bonded hair. The hair is not glued into the hair like it used to be. The hair actually comes pre-bonded (see below) and already glued. So all Anna will do is use a small heated clamp to heat the piece that is melt and wrap it around your own hair. So there is ABSOLUTELY no damage done to the hair at all. In fact once you take your extensions out at the suggested time (about 4 months), all you need to do is pour a special oil on the hardened part at the top and the bond will simply slide off, leaving your original hair in perfect condition.

    Pre-Bonded Hair Extensions


    Normally it would take about three hours to install hair extensions, but with Anna's skills and expertise she had my entire head done in one hour! She barely had time for a cup of tea, she just flew through my hair with perfect accuracy and professionalism... I could tell she's been at this for a long time.

    So what's included in your installation? Well first of all, before Anna even meets you, you can send her a picture of you hair, one shot at the front, and one at the back. From this she will create the colours needed to match you hair and even custom blends colours to get the right tints and shades you require. She arrived at my house with about 5 different shades of Ash Brown and blonde. Now that might sound like way too much colour but your hair extensions will look so much more realistic when they are full of different tones. She packed as many extensions as she could in, and within the hour my hair was full, thick, long and extremely soft.





    To top that all off Anna will also cut your hair to the length you want and to the style of your natural hair. I have to admit, I was really nervous about the cutting because my hair is naturally quite short and is multi-layered. But Anna spent time and accuracy on the cut, and I can tell you that I honestly don't know which parts of my hair are real or fake anymore!!



    Verdict

    On a scale of 1 to ten, I can hand on my heart say it is a 10!! First of all the hair colour is absolutely perfect! As you can see from my pics I have so many tones in my hair, low-lights, high-lights and toners so I thought it would be impossible to match them all, but Anna found the perfect colours for me.

    Secondly the quality of the hair is the best I have ever come across. The hair does not get easily knotted and I've already straightened, curled and washed my hair to make sure that it is durable and it has been perfect! It really looks and feels like human hair and that's because... it is!

    The only thing I would say is that the first night will be uncomfortable, as the extensions will be tight. So trying to fall asleep is a bit difficult, but once you wake up the next morning your hair will feel perfectly light again and you can go ahead and try loads of different styles and even dye the hair if you want to add some different tones!

    Competition Time

    Louise Johnston rocking her new extensions!

    Hotloxs Hair Extensions are giving one lucky Maggie Red reader a seriously amazing prize! They will give a free installation with a free head of Virgin Remy Hair absolutely FREE!!

    To enter all you have to do is refer as many friends as possible to my friends page here: Maggie Red or you can suggest them to 'Like' my fan page here: Maggie Red Blog. Every time you have referred a friend they have to state that on my page. So for example: "Sarah O'Neill referred me". Whoever refers the most friends over the next 2 weeks will win this amazing prize.

    The winner will be announced on Sunday the 3rd of April.


    PS!!!

    You can contact Hotloxs directly! Remember if you don't want Pre-Bonded Extensions you can also buy Clip In's or Micro-Ring Extensions!


    Source URL: http://wallpaperhelenmiren.blogspot.com/2011/03/health-beauty-feature-hotloxs-hair.html
    Visit Wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Followers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive